Prince Edward Island’s Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Team held a news conference to unveil it’s new name; new team logo; the newest additions to its local ownership group, and the launching of its 2013-2014 Season Ticket Campaign.
From this day forward, the team will be called the Charlottetown Islanders and the logo depicts three very prominent features related to PEI – The Confederation Bridge, ocean waves, and the word Islanders.
The word Islanders is embedded in PEI’s hockey culture with national championship Islanders teams in the 1980’s and 90’s and prominent junior teams in the 60’s and 70’s. The Islanders name was chosen by the fans in a rebranding process put forth last season and the new ownership group chose to name the team the Charlottetown Islanders for these reasons:
- The name Islanders is representative of all of PEI. This is PEI’s team.
- PEI Islanders or Prince Edward Island Islanders was repetitive. Charlottetown Islanders rolls off the tongue better and represents the city where we play, although the word Islanders indicates we are indeed PEI’s team. The team will have a presence from one end of the island to the other.
Season Ticket highlights from this mornings press conference include:
- An empasis on a special discount for youth (12 and under). Youth season tickets are only $99.00 (less than $3.00 per game). This is a $126.00 discount from last year!!!All remaining ticket prices will remain the same as last year.
- Adult and Senior season tickets purchased by June 3rd at 4:00p.m. will include a Charlottetown Islanders jacket ($75 retail value).
- Last year’s season ticket holders will have until July 15th to purchase 2013-2014 season tickets to hold their seat.
Click here for Season Ticket pricing and details.
Final Ownership Group:
Dave and Kate Trainor – Action Aero
Geoff Boyle – Canadian Mortgage Capital
Bill Kinney – Charlottetown Bottle & Metal
Shawn MacKenzie, Troy MacKenzie, & Andrew MacEwan
Brian MacDonald – BJ’s Truck Parts
Darren Gray – Gray Group Vogue Optical
Terry Hennessey – Source for Sports
Bill Enserink – Red Isle Produce
Brad Campbell & Todd Rix – Riverview Dental
Tim, Teddy, and Terry Mossey – Tims Crane Service
Bobby MacMillan – The Sports Page and Page 2
Joel Ives – Century 21
Peter MacDonald – MacDonald Automotive Group
Jason Hunter, Ron MacAulay, Ron Murray, & Steve Gauthier – Markan
Cyril, Jeff, Craig, Jamie, and Jason Chapman – Chapman Bros. Construction